Jesus can change your life.
- Where do you tend to look for your identity?
- What are some ways that you can find your identity in Jesus Christ?
So we are always of good courage. We know that while we are at home in the body we are away from the Lord, 7 for we walk by faith, not by sight. 8 Yes, we are of good courage, and we would rather be away from the body and at home with the Lord. 9 So whether we are at home or away, we make it our aim to please him. 10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may receive what is due for what he has done in the body, whether good or evil.
- What stands out to you from the text?
- What questions or comments do you have about it?
1. Everyone believes something about death.
2. Our future beliefs affect our daily lives.
3. We must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ.
When we study God’s Word, it should lead us to both rejoicing and repenting.
- In what ways did you find yourself encouraged and/or rejoicing when you heard the message?
- In what ways were you challenged to repent or change when you heard the message?
- How did the teacher connect this passage to Christ? What other connections do you see between this message and the redemptive work of Christ?
- What is one thing that you want to remember from this sermon?
- Why is that important to you?