Jesus can change your life.
- Where do you tend to look for your identity?
- What are some ways that you can find your identity in Jesus Christ?
1 For we know that if the tent that is our earthly home is destroyed, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens. 2 For in this tent we groan, longing to put on our heavenly dwelling, 3 if indeed by putting it on we may not be found naked. 4 For while we are still in this tent, we groan, being burdened—not that we would be unclothed, but that we would be further clothed, so that what is mortal may be swallowed up by life. 5 He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.
- What stands out to you from the text?
- What questions or comments do you have about it?
1. All believers will receive a heavenly body.
2. Paul groaned for glory.
3. Believers have an eternal hope that is secured by God’s Spirit.
When we study God’s Word, it should lead us to both rejoicing and repenting.
- In what ways did you find yourself encouraged and/or rejoicing when you heard the message?
- In what ways were you challenged to repent or change when you heard the message?
- How did the teacher connect this passage to Christ? What other connections do you see between this message and the redemptive work of Christ?
- What is one thing that you want to remember from this sermon?
- Why is that important to you?